I thought I would continue my rant on TypePad with this “Pros and Cons”. TypePad is a popular Blogging service and CMS and is widely recommended. But, as with everything, TypePad has it’s good points and it’s bad points. Here are just a few to begin the debate.
So what’s hot about TypePad?
- TypePad has a killer line-up of customers to point to as happy Bloggers.
- TypePad has its own affiliate program.
- Easy tech support forums with which to work with.
- Plenty of cool themes to choose from.
- Killer Micro Blog set-up! Even has templates for Micro Blogging.
- Clean Pod-Casting system, users subscribe to your RSS feed to auto download.
So what’s not about TypePad?
- You have to pay for the service.
- Kinda pricey for the business user.
- Performance can be a problem. Features are not exactly “web 2.0″ or competitive with other blog platforms (IMHO).
- Design tends to lag just a bit with the latest in Blogging apps and gizmo’s.
- Your dependent on TypePad for server performance, which has had it’s fair share of problems.
- You have to pay for the service. Thought I would throw that one out there again!